Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Don't Wanna Get Buried in No Jew Ass Cemetary

So I just got my third tattoo. It's a boy with a jetpack. The art was done by this guy Tom at No Hope No Fear. The design is his, influenced by Dick and Jane books, based on a drawing by my girlfriend, also influenced by Dick and Jane books. It was my first tattoo done at an actual shop, as opposed to somebody's house. Lets take a look down memory lane.

2002 - Mikhail. A version of my hebrew name that I used to tag all over the city. I was named after my great-grandfather, who brought the family to America. Some guy's house in Arlington Heights.
Music playing: A NoFX greatest hits cd

2004 - The 32 tiers of the sephiroth (tree of life) down my spine. The 32 stages of meditation between manhood and godhood. I'm still on stage one. Some guy's house in West Rogers Park.
There was no music. I watched Insomniac,Chapelle's Show, and Adult Swim

2006 - A shop in Wicker Park. Because of a broken iPod we were at the mercy of the very-limited cd selection in the shop. We listened to a cd by 16 Horsepower, which was good (especially so for a Christian band) and an album by Coldplay (which was not as bad as I'd suspected it would be, although some songs were)

No comments: