Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Two Slaps Radio [WLUW]

Lab Rat set:

5 Spiritual Tones - Bad Situation [from Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal]
Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Got My Mojo Workin
Big Boys - Funk Off

Mickey and the Soul Generation - Football
DJ Shadow - This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)
Banda Black Rio - Gafiera Universal
The Mighty Hannibal - The Truth Shall Make You Free

Frankie Seay and the Soul Brothers - Soul Food
The Knight Brothers - Temptation Bout to Get Me
L. Hollis & the Mackadoos - Monkey Time Shine

The London Funk Allstars - Represent
Marvin Gaye - Wholy Holy
Black Merda - Windsong

Curtis Mayfield - If There's a Hell Below
Gil Scott Heron - The Bottle
Showstoppers - Ain't Nuthin But a House Party

Fuckhead Set:

little richard - heebie jeebies
fats domino - when my dream boat comes home
chuck berry - too much monkey business
ray charles - a stranger in town

bootsy collins - I'd rather be with you
MFSB - FAmily Affair
hank ballard - from the love side
parliament - star child (mothership connection) promo radio version

Donny Hathaway - Je Vous Aime (I Love You)
The Flamingos - I only have eyes for you
THe Four Tops - I can't help myself
CArla Thomas - Gee Whiz
Aretha Franklin - Don't play that song (you lied)

Commodores - M
Irma Thomas - It's Raining
Ivory Joe Turner - Empty Arms
Honey LTD - Silk and honey

The Spiders - I didn't want to do it

[Every Monday night, Two Slaps Radio plays the best and most unconventional funk and soul in Chicago, with all of its roots and derivatives including acid jazz, doo-wop, brass band, girl groups and electro. Two Slaps radio can be heard live from 2-4am on WLUW 88.7fm and www.wluw.org]

No comments: