Monday, February 26, 2007

b is for blog post

Date: 2/26/07
Location: Elastic
Bands: Scalpels, Rotten Milk & Sounds Happy, & Heather Marie Vernon
Cost: $5 suggestion
Things I missed to be there: Mr. Bobby at the Note; Area #4 release party at Hull House
Reasons for going: Needed to get out of the house. Friends were playing. Finally got a charger for my camera

I got there late on purpose. I can never tell when a show is gonna start on time or not and I wasn't in the mood to sit around.That was a shame because I missed most of Heather Marie's set. She was doing something interesting, with violins and paper dolls and a chorus from a Nirvana song. It all came together to look like some sort of gothic fairy tale.



Scalpels blew my ears out with some blistering proggy shit.



Rotten Milk thrashed around twiddling nobs while Sounds Happy sat on the floor, calmly pushing buttons, creating a sound that alternated between compelling and annoying, and eventually sounded like industrial music.

No comments: