Sunday, June 01, 2008

microblogging sunday!

Date: 6/1/08
Show: Pod Blotz, Magic is Kuntmaster, and more
Location: The Little Flower Shoppe
Cost: $4 donation
Drinks: BYOB
Things I missed to be there: The Burkhart Underground 10 Year Anniversary with Mark Bose and Environmental Encroachment; Sunday Funday at Smartbar with Acid Circus; Parsley Flakes at the Guesthouse;Gil Mantera's Party Dream at the Do-Division Street Fest
Reason for going: I had just held a writing workshop at my house that had died the same slow, pleasant-but-awkward death of all social functions with a purpose whose purpose had ended. The night was over, but fuck all if there's a show going on two blocks away and I don't at least check it out.




The dude with the iPod faded out the reggae music and the lights went out. A guy sat in a chair with a mgangled guitar and a series of peddles. I'm not sure what he'd done to the guitar, but it sounded the way a violin would if it was filled with a hundred angry ghosts, each one jabbing at my eardrums with ice picks in an attempt to climb inside and possess me.


[Magic is Kuntmaster doing her thing]

No comments: