Sunday, March 18, 2007

punk show, shmunk show, I'm not Irish and I wanna do everything!

Date: St. Patrick's Day
Location: Unnamed apartment on 25th/Homan
Bands: Intifada, Sin Orden, Eske, Tras De Nada, Disrobe, Usless Wooden Toys, and Loaded First
Things I missed to be there: Hentai Lacerator, Sister Sister, Expendable Youth, Pygmy Death, and Abrade at the Expendable Youth House; The Binges and The Black Ladies at Permanent Records; Zeropoint, Labycz/Sprikut Duo, and OUR080R05 at Enemy; The Beer Nuts at Double Door
Things I didn't have to miss but did anyway: Busker and Dai5ychain's hackerfest at the Little Flower Shop
Things I ditched the punk show for after the first few bands: An Argo Tea party and a Bluegrass St. Patty's day party in Logan, two dance parties in the Congress Theatre building that got busted by the cops
Cost: 6 bucks plus the price of a forty
Reason for going: I woke up on the Southside, ordered Chinese food, had sex and left from there




This was a good show at a place that was smaller than The Beauty Shop was. In fact, there were only two small rooms you could see or hear the show from, as well as a kitchen that was only good for smoking pot and a bedroom where they were selling keg beer. There isn't really anything I can say about this show that I couldn't say about any other punk show, so I'll just post some pictures once I upload them.

Disrobe:











Intifada



Loaded First

No comments: