Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Jenny Lewis Loves Puppets and I love Jenny Lewis!

[Jenny Lewis on Pancake Mountain in a glittery short skirt]



[Jenny Lewis duets with a puppet on Puppet Music Hall]



my pet rat Bukowski and I review the movie Foxfire:

Eric: When Jenny Lewis came out with Rabbit Fur Coat, I couldn't escape her at the indie radio station where I worked. There she was, on the cover, with the Watson Twins, all of them beautiful. I demanded to see her tits. In Foxfire, she's the only one that keeps her top on. Apparently, because she's suppsed to be the "fat" one. If she continues to be a public figure/indie darling I'm going to get totally creepy about her. Meg White creepy. I saw this one when I was fourteen, and all the best films were about teenage lesbians or white gangbangers. Angelina Jolie as James Dean, heroin, homemade tattoos, and a soundtrack by Babes in Toyland and Kristine Hersch make me feel 1995 wonderful.

Bukowski: I liked how the movie added a riot grrl aesthetic to the slobs vs. snobs motif, but didn't think that Joyce Carol Oates' novel about women finding strength through one another in the repressive era of 1950s small-town America needed to be updated to uber-hip mid-90's Seattle. I also think that Jenny Lewis is better suited as Rilo Kiley's guitarist than as a solo songwriter.

[this Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins video doesn't have any puppets but it does have a guest appearance by Sarah Silverman. It's like two years of indie rock sex fantasies rolled into one awesome package:]

No comments: