Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two Slaps Radio salutes James Brown [WLUW]


L.A. Style - James Brown is Dead

James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine
James Brown - Bewildered
James Brown - Ain't It Funky

James Brown - I Want to Be Around
James Brown - Down and Out in New York CityMiss Dominique - It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World (James Brown cover)

The Residents - It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World (James Brown cover)
The J.B.s - Gimme Some More
James Brown - Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud)

James Brown - Cold Blooded
James Brown - Give It Up or Turnit Loose
James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody to Give Me Nothin (Open the Door I'll Get it Myself)

James Brown - Out of Sight
James Brown - Try Me
James Brown - I'm A Greedy Man

The Contortions - I Can't Stand Myself (James Brown Cover)
James Brown - Hot Pants
James Brown - Get Up Off a That Thang


James Brown - Please. PLease, PLease
James Brown - Get on the good foot
james brown - Papa Don't take no mess

James Brown - Super Bad
James Brown - Payback

[Every Monday night, Two Slaps Radio plays the best and most unconventional funk and soul in Chicago, with all of its roots and derivatives including acid jazz, doo-wop, brass band, girl groups and electro. Two Slaps radio can be heard live from 2-4am on WLUW 88.7fm and wluw.org]

No comments: